In addition to manufacturing products for oil processing and petroleum chemistry, KNT Group specialists also provide the following services for catalytic processes of oil processing:
development of technical proposals;
The specialists of our company can design the technical offer with recommendations of application adsorptive drying systems and purification of gas and-liquid flows.
The technical offers are made up on the grounds of calculations and previous adsorbents performance .The standard technical offer is made up using the data from the Questionnaire and it usually consists of:
- Designing of adsorption system;
- Calculations of needed quantity of adsorbents ;
- Calculations of specific loading on removing component ;
- Thermal design of a unit;
- Choice of adsorber diameter and flow rate ;
- Selection of cycle time ;
- Recommendations on regeneration and cooling of the adsorbent;
Technical guaranties on adsorbent operation.
dense loading of adsorbents and catalysts;
The technology of dense loading has much more advantages than a usual loading of adsorbents and catalysts. Loading is made under supervision of skilled technicians of our company with the help of special loading unit. This unit is used to make up the adsorbent bed in the adsorber which is homogeneous in its physical-mechanical (Bulk density, porosity) and hydrodynamic properties (penetrability for filter stream, hydrodynamic resistance). Besides even loading of adsorbent reduces rising of pressure drop during cycle length.
So dense (even) loading of the catalysts increases a cycle length and economic efficiency of the technological units.
According to our technology adsorbent loading is made by a special loading unit.
Even distribution of the particles is achieved by changing of the inlet air pressure or inert gas. Its value depends on loading density, adsorber size and loading feed.
The loading unit is put inside the adsorber with the help of special fasteners.
It is necessary to have the source of process air or inert gas for operation of loading unit on upper area of the adsorber. The pressure in the system of technical air or inert gas should be 0,2 - 0,6 МPa.
A loading storage hopper is put on the upper part of the adsorber and it is constantly filled by sorbate. A hoist is used to feed sorbate into the storage hopper.
Such technology successfully used in:
- ООО «Nizhnevartovsk GPK» 2008 year – bulk density is increased up to 12%;
- ООО «Gubkinsk GPK» 2008 year - bulk density is increased up to 12%;
- UDP «Shurtanneftegaz» 2009 year - bulk density is increased up to10%;
- ООО «Nizhnevartovsk GPK » 2010 year - bulk density is increased up to 18%;
- ООО «Noyabrsk GPK» 2010 year - bulk density is increased up to 16%;
- ООО «Gubkinsk GPK » 2010 year – bulk density is increased up to 15%.
Due to this technology we have got good results of performance of our products .For example, at Gubkinsk GPK dew point was -100 °С and at Shurtanneftegaz Sulphur capacity of the zeolite was considerably increased on purifying unit.
regeneration and reactivation of catalysts;
Regeneration is a Carbon and Sulphur burning process made on the equipment delivered by «Haldor Topsoe». Sintering of active metals is made after regeneration process.
Due to the high temperatures regeneration effect is comparable with several years’ catalyst operation in the reactor. A local overheating is possible at regeneration inside the reactor which leads to the sharp activity reduction. We control the regeneration conditions and prevent from deactivation and respectively our services on regeneration are compensated by a longer catalyst life.
Before and after the regeneration are analyzed the following parameters:
- Carbon content ;
- Sulphur content;
- Hydrocarbons content;
- Content of the metals (Mo, Ni, Co, Fe);
- Content of toxic agents (Na, Ni, Si, V, Fe, P, As, Pb);
- Specific surface of Nitrogen;
- Radius distribution of pores by the method of mercury injection;
- Mechanical strength
The certificate is given on each party according to the results of analyses.
Presence of the Customer is possible on-site at regeneration. The pilot unit of hydrotreating with pressure up to 150 atm., was started in the beginning of 2011. It is possible to determine the catalyst activity and compare activity of fresh and regenerated catalyst at different WHSV. Short description of regeneration process: The regeneration is made after catalyst preliminary sieving from the balls and dust in 2 steps in the belt heating furnaces.
1) Stripping. At stripping volatile hydrocarbons (VHC) desorption is made from the surface of the catalyst by a hot process air so that the most combustible components of coke and partially Sulfur compounds are removed. Vaporization is going on with heat absorption. Stripping is made at temperature up to 350ºC depending on the VHC content in the catalyst( detected by derivatograph ).The quantity of feeded fresh air and temperature are controlled independently in every seven section of the belt heating furnace. Air circulates through a thin catalyst layer by 14 air blowers inside every section and it also helps to control the temperature inside the layer.
The length of the furnace (19m) provides a gradual heating at passing from one section to another one.
2) Regeneration is made in the similar belt heating furnace. The temperature is selected according to the catalyst type and Coke and Sulfur content. The pyrometers control the temperature of the circulated air and the temperature of the catalyst layer.
Regeneration in the belt heating furnaces unlike drum-type ones prevents from putting too much and is made maximum carefully and, of course, catalyst attrition is minimal.
Reactivation process: catalyst is treated by special solutions and then active metals in the catalyst are redispersed. Catalyst activity after reactivation increases up to 95% and more from a level of fresh one. Reactivation increases catalysts operation life and so it helps to reduce costs for buying new catalysts.
advice on bringing installations into operation, and monitoring during operations;
For several years the specialists of our company regularly monitor the performance quality of delivered adsorbents and catalysts. The conditions of running processes, modes of operation, feed composition, regeneration and cooling conditions are thoroughly analyzed. The problems appeared during operation are discussed with the process engineers. The quality of our products is constantly improved.
research work into catalysts and adsorbents.
We test the catalysts and adsorbents in our laboratory and Research-and-development center of KNT group with possibility of designing real conditions on the pilot units.
We give set of units for determination of main parameters to the Customers who has no own analytical base free of charge.
We help companies in testing adsorbents and catalysts produced by us and also by other manufacturers.
We also help project organizations and research institutes in testing and development of different types of catalysts and adsorbents.
The Group’s specialists have accumulated many years of experience providing such services. This enables them to carefully select the best of what has already been developed, and combine it effectively with new developments. In the process, the Group has also built up a permanent client base, including the following companies: Gubkinsky Gas Processing Plant, Noyabrsky Gas Processing Plant, Nizhnevartovsky Gas Processing Plant, Belozerny Gas Processing Plant, Shurtanneftegaz, Nyagangazpererabotka, Yuzhno-Baliksky Gas Processing Plant, TurkmenGas, Lukoil Korobkovsky Gas Processing Plant, Surgutneftegaz, and many others.